Build file index
After modifying some of the content, you should update the index file. If not updated, your changes will not be noticed by MMDAgent-EX clients.
The index file should be named
.mmdagent-content-files and should be placed at the top of your content directory.
Here is an example of the index file. The first line of the file should contain the last update time in UNIX time. After that, each line should have two field separated by spaces, the first one is the file size in bytes and the second one is file path, relative to the top directory. The order of the files are not important.
1543501419 2911 FromExample/Motion/mei_breath/COPYRIGHT.txt 248180 Objects/table.pmd 3455 Objects/pc/cover.jpg 1518 README.txt 210 Main.mdf 1822553 Stage/nit_comspace_f.png 4596 FromExample/Motion/sd_mei_bye/README.txt 30205 Motions/sitdown.vmd 12725 FromExample/Motion/mei_point/mei_point_center_center.vmd 100352 Button/btn_lee.png 4595 FromExample/Motion/mei_laugh/README.txt 2911 FromExample/Motion/mei_idle/COPYRIGHT.txt 2911 FromExample/Motion/sd_mei_wait/COPYRIGHT.txt
A tiny script
mit.pl is provided in the GitHub page that can manage the index file.
Perl is required to run the script. Below is a usage example of updating index file, adding ALL files under the content directory.
% cd content_topdir % mit.pl add . % mit.pl update
After that the index file
.mmdagent-content-files will be made up-to-date, and ready to upload to web server.
How it works
At download of a content,
- It first fetches the index file at “
- Files in local cache folders are compared with the entries (pairs of file name and size)
- The differential parts are downloaded.
- Start playing the content.
According to the scheme above, MMDAgent-EX can execute per-file download resume at network down.
At content start up,
- If the content is marked as “updatable”, re-download content from source before start.
- After content start up, it fetch the recent index file from source URL after 5 second of launch in background.
- If the time stamp of the newly fetched index file is newer than the local cache, mark the content as “updatable”, to be updated at next startup.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.