Software license of MMDAgent-EX
This page contains an abstract guidance of MMDAgent-EX.
What is MMDAgent-EX?
MMDAgent-EX is an experimental software platform for research, development and making fun of dialogue systems on mobile and cloud environment. You can play, create and share spoken dialog systems and voice interaction systems with MMDAgent-EX.
It is an extended version of MMDAgent that supports multiple OS, Web-based content sharing, excellent MMD compatibility, data logging facility with REST API / Apache Kafka, data encryption and many other improvements.
The goal of this project is to promote a baseline system that lets people to:
- play various dialogue sytems more instantly
- create and share his own dialogue system freely
- connect dialogue system creators and users directly
- do social experiments of a dialogue system and collect data on research purpose
What is changed from original version?
The changes from the original version is as follows:
- Direct content download and automatic update
- Recent speech API on iOS/Android (VoiceProcessingIO / AAudio)
- Better downloaded content handling
- Data collection and real-time interaction logging facility (REST API / Apache Kafka)
- Better MMD compatibility, including PMX support
- Tons of bug fixes and updates, works fine on mobile devices
The full list of difference is listed in the Release 1.3 document in blog.
Why do I want it?
MMDAgent-EX is good for people who:
- want to exprience talking with agents in mobile device
- is fun of a character and curious about creating your own talking agent
- is studing dialogue system and want to collect data in a social experiments
- has concern about next-era conversational user interface
- feels it interesting to know concept of our “dialogue media content”
- is a fun of MMD, and loves its platform
- was once a lover of MMDAgent and expects more for its future
Is is not good for people who:
- feel uncomfortable talking to a software human-like agent
- does not like anime-style expression
- can not stand speech processing errors
- claims to be run on old devices (iOS < 9, Android < 6)
Where should I go next?
If you are interested to modify a content (i.e. changing models) or making your own content for MMDAgent-EX, read the introduction and get into the Tutorial section which will guides you to the walkthrough of editing a content and publishing it. The details of files in the content and other specifications are described in Files section, including how to use PMX models in MMDAgent-EX.
Terms of service
MMDAgent-EX has a function to collect log of user interactions toward content provider
List of libraries used in MMDAgent-EX.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.