Plugin_Remote provides the functionality for control via socket connections. Please make sure this plugin is enabled when using it.
Control via Socket Connection #
You can connect to a running MMDAgent-EX process via a socket and operate MMDAgent-EX from an external source.
- Text sent to the socket is issued directly as a message to MMDAgent-EX
- All messages issued from MMDAgent-EX are sent as input to the socket
While the implementation is slightly more complex compared to embedding as a submodule, it offers the following advantages:
- High independence from MMDAgent-EX
- Can connect even with applications that do not handle standard input/output
- Can be run on different machines, such as GPU machines, separate from the machine running MMDAgent-EX
MMDAgent-EX supports two types of communication: via WebSocket and TCP/IP. Please see the explanations and samples for each.